The mission of EYATH S.A.
EYATH S.A. manages a common good, water. It provides water to more than one million citizens, businesses and industries in Greater Thessaloniki. At the same time, it manages the city’s sewage system, through the biological treatment of urban and industrial waste, contributing to protecting a common good, the environment.
EYATH S.A. prioritises the combination of business operations with corporate social responsibility, providing high-quality water supply and sewerage services at the lowest possible cost. As manager and provider of a common good such as water, it also makes sure that this is accessible to underprivileged (vulnerable or special) citizen groups, to ensure their basic needs are met.
The Company’s strategy seeks to improve the quality of its services through its investment program, by improving its facilities, expanding its technological infrastructure with the use of advanced software packages and the development of specialised IT applications. The Company’s main objectives in fulfilling its mission are to:
- Ensure uninterrupted, safe operation of the water supply systems, by supplying top quality water, in line with the rules and requirements laid down by the current regulatory framework.
- Enhance environmental safety, in terms of both pollution and water resource protection, by adjusting to and mitigating the effects of climate change.
- Improve customer service by offering top class water supply and sewerage services at the least possible cost.
- Combine business activity with social responsibility.
- Upgrade infrastructure to improve the productivity of existing systems, which will lead to lower operating costs for the company, especially energy costs.
- Extend the geographical area in which it provides water supply and sewerage operations.
- Raise public awareness about the company’s contribution to the community, as well as knowledge about the main business issues it faces and the social work it engages in.