Water – sewerage bills are issued every 4 months after water meter readings are taken at the scheduled times. Meter readings are taken and bills issued in a rolling cycle every 4 months depending on the area you live in.
Every bill includes:
- The billpayer’s details needed by EYATH S.A., the postal address and Tax Reg. No.,
- The consumer’s number,
- The water meter details (No., model and pipe cross-section),
- The unique direct debit number, if bills are paid in that way,
- Water consumption over the 4-month period and the quantity of water used, or otherwise the difference between the last and current water meter readings,
- The itemised section of the bill which includes: (a) the cost of water based on the scale of prices depending on the quantity of m3 used, (b) the cost of sewerage services which for 2014 is 80% of the price of water, (c) the fixed charges, (d) the special water cycle charge which is € 0.07/m3 of water used, and (e) VAT on those figures which is charged at 13% for water and 24% for the other charges.
The reverse side of the bill contains useful phone numbers and our branches open to the public, as well as other key information for consumers.
These charges are calculated on the total price of water, starting at 80%.
Special water cycle charge
The special water cycle charge is € 0.07/m3. This charge is subject to VAT at 24%.
Hellenic Petroleum, the Thessaloniki Industrial Area, and local government authorities whose networks are grant-supported by EYATH, consumers not subject to the sewerage charge and fire hydrants are all exempt from the charge.
The fixed charges imposed depending on the cross-section of the supply pipe are shown in the table below:
Water pipe (cross-section)
Fixed charge per
Fixed charges (in €)
Φ13 & Φ20 (½’ & ¾΄)
Φ30 (1 ¼΄)
Φ40 (1 ½΄)
Φ80 (3 ¼΄)
Φ100 – Φ200 (4΄ & and over)
Business – industrial tariff
Anyone carrying on business activity which can be demonstrated with a certificate from the competent chamber of commerce can ask to join the business / industrial tariff. Applications must be submitted hard copy to EYATH’s offices.