The Sewerage & Environment Quality Control Laboratory (Sewerage Laboratory) of EYATH S.A. is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 by the Hellenic Accreditation System – E.SY.D (Certificate No. 1139).
The official Scope of Accreditation of the Sewerage Laboratory (Annex F1/B1 to E.SY.D Certificate No. 1139) includes the determination of various parameters related to the monitoring of the operation of Wastewater Treatment Facilities and the Waste Treatment Plant, and of the discharge from activities generating liquid waste, as indicated in the below Table.
The Quality Policy of the EYAH S.A. Sewerage Laboratory requires, inter alia, that activities and tests always be carried out in a proper and scientific manner, which ensures independent judgement, impartiality, integrity and confidentiality.
Twice a year the Sewerage Laboratory participates in programmes involving interlaboratory comparisons and proficiency testing, where it successfully meets the requirements, thus establishing the reliability of its measurements.
Samples of liquid waste – wastewater:
- from Wastewater Treatment Facilities ,
- from the Waste Treatment Plant,
- activities producing liquid industrial waste, and
- in cases of leaks and/or at the request of citizens (application form), and following payment of the corresponding fee
are taken on site and are analysed by the Department employees at the EYATH S.A. Sewerage Laboratory (permanent facilities at 98 Tsimiski Street, 8th floor).
|Materials/Products subjected to tests||Types of tests/Measured properties||Applied methods/ Techniques used|
|Liquid waste/Wastewater||Determination of pH||In-house method based on ΕLΟΤ 658/1983
Method Code: ΜΑ-01
|Determination of Total Suspended Solids (ΤSS)||In-house method based on 2540 D APHA (23rd Ed., 2017)
Method Code: ΜΑ-02
|Determination of Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD)||Merck 1.14540.0001 and
|Determination of ΝΗ4-N (Ammonium Nitrogen)||Merck 1.14558.0001
|Determination of ΝΟ3-N
|Determination of Total Nitrogen (ΤΝ)||Merck 1.00613.0001
|Determination of Total Phosphorous (TP)||Merck 1.14729.0001|
|Wastewater||Determination of Biological Oxygen Demand (ΒOD5)||In-house method based on 5210 B APHA (23rd Ed., 2017) Κωδικός Method Code: ΜΑ-08
Issuance of Results
EYATH S.A. customers can request the results of the sample(s) of liquid waste/wastewater taken by EYATH S.A. by filling in and submitting the relevant form, and by paying the corresponding fee.
The required special conditions for the disposal of liquid waste – wastewater are determined by the legislation:
- Decision No. 30/οικ. 2885, Government Gazette 1079/Β΄/15-7-2010: Determination of the uses of surface water and of the special conditions for the disposal of wastewater and industrial waste in any body of water in Thessaloniki Prefecture.
- Decision No. 1836 Government Gazette 1793/Β΄/21-5-2018: Approval of the Special Regulations on the Operation of the Sewerage Network of the Thessaloniki Water Supply and Sewerage Co. S.A.
- Decision No. 163295/30-7-2014: Renewal – Amendment – Reformulation of the approved Environmental Requirements in the Industrial Area of Thessaloniki (Renewal – Amendment – Reformulation of Joint Ministerial Decision No. 119371/21-09-2006).